Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
god is the feeling of what moves the sun and the stars as existing within you and moving you
You can be vegan all you want, good for you, but not being vegan doesn't make someone a bad person. Not everyone in the world will convert to being a vegan so maybe y'all should stop being angry people and just get over it.
Of course the whole world will never be vegan, but I strongly believe that someday a majority of the world will be vegan. In fact, the world will have to go mostly vegan or we are screwed, anon. Veganism is the future, out of necessity, and the UN agrees.
Animal agriculture is destroying our world.
- 40% of global marine catch is by-catch (basically we are throwing back enormous amounts of unusable species into the sea, dead and wasted)
- An estimated 300,000 whales, dolphins and porpoises die in fishing nets every year.
- Overgrazing is blamed for 35% of soil degradation, deforestation for 30%, and agriculture for 27%. These main causes are directly or indirectly related to the consumption of animal products.
- Studies indicate that a varied vegan diet requires about a third of the land needed for conventional Western diets. We do not have enough land to feed everyone on an animal-based diet.
- The livestock sector is a major player, responsible for 18% of greenhouse gas emissions measured in CO2 equivalent. This is a higher share than transport.
- Animal product consumption is causing deforestation: there are undiscovered plants and other things in these areas that could help with medicine, not to mention that rain forests and other land contributes to 20% or so of the Earth’s oxygen.
- 60% of deforestation is related to animal agriculture
- For every 4 lbs of retail fish caught, 1 lb of other fish dies.
- It has been predicted that all the world’s fisheries will collapse in 2048 unless something is done to stop it.
- It is estimated that over-fishing threatens the food security of about 200 million people.
- The Lives of Slaughterhouse Workers: they are usually on shitty contracts, are usually poor and people of color (PoC), how they don’t have basic working rights, and how often times they are undocumented, so they can’t go for help.
- Big, rich, Western, white countries go into other countries: usually (again) poor, underprivileged, native areas that are (again) usually inhabited by PoC. This takes land away from the people in that region or country and gives it to a) the livestock and/or b) the crops raised for that livestock.
- Even in the west, people who live near slaughter farms have shitty water, shitty soil, shitty air, and they get really really sick.
- They’re also more likely to be poverty stricken.
- Animal Agriculture Sickens Everyone
- Nestle Milk Chocolate Products Brought To You By Child Slavery
- Antibiotic use in meat production has been linked to the rise in ‘super bugs’, which are antibiotic-resistant bacteria, found in a lot of meats available in supermarkets. These maladies can kill people.
- In 2004/5 there were 2270 injury claims made in the meat processing industry, most of which were due to falls, injuries with knives and ‘body stressing’.
- People working in tanneries to make leather from the skin of animals that have been killed are exposed to numerous dangerous chemicals (chromium being the worst). The chemicals can cause cancer, skin diseases, respiratory illnesses while the machinery is also dangerous and can result in amputations. In India, people have died due to the exposure to these chemicals, due to unsafe working conditions. People have also died in Bangladesh and are affected by the chemicals in a multitude of ways. These chemicals can also leach into the water supply and affect the air and soil quality, which in turn causes illnesses and diseases in nearby populations.
No, not being vegan does not make someone a bad person… but if you’re aware of the slaughter you’re contributing to and you’re able to change that and choose not to, that is extremely problematic. Especially if you mourn the deaths of companion animals, but not the ones on your plate.
loved so deeply
roots grew through my feet,
assurance of growth,
whether wrapped in ivy
or stalks straight and tall
reaching for the sky,
How do you plan on "beating the system" and still making a comfortable living in the future without a degree? I'm a college student, have been wanting to quit school (its drowning me) but the thing is I do want a family in the future and want to be able to support them. It's so tough
I mean I was going to get a degree in Drawing so it’s not like that was actually going to help me much. It’s more about what I’m learning, less about the degree. But I didn’t want to make art a career. I didn’t want to make work for other people or live in the city and do shows at galleries. I definitely didn’t want to end up being an illustrator. So instead I dropped out. I wrote a book and published it. I’m hoping to grow much, much, much more as a writer and make it big that way but I feel like that might be too big of a dream, so I want that to be part of my income. I want to also own a vintage shop and hopefully that will be another good source of income. And if I get married then whoever I marry will also be doing something so idk, I’m not planning on living a rich life. I just want to have a enough, be enough, do enough. I’ve never wanted to live the 9-5 white picket fence life. I’ve never even considered doing it. So the way I think is the way I’ve always thought. I don’t see my life any other way and I’m way too stubborn to give in to some bullshit lifestyle that won’t please me. I’m willing to struggle if I have to to get to where I want to be. I’m willing to try. I’m not planning on getting a real career being employed by someone else for the rest of my life. I plan on being in control of myself. I’m sure if I got a business degree it’d help but nothing I could get a degree for would help in a way that it’d help most people. I’d go to school to learn how and that’s it. So I’d rather read and learn on my own than waste money and professors’ time.
through art baby!! through creativity!!! university degree was usless for me!! aint no jobs out there anymore, no 1 career path
NOTHING STABLE! dont trust it paint or sing or write or discover for gods sake do not expect anything out of the system. its DEAD
dreams weave in and out
of an abstract landscape
like shadows of thoughts
through an ancient forest
in the winding dreamscape
of a restless mind at night
images flicker and shift
between truth and fiction
alive and real, ready to grasp
everything wanted, all desire
a lifelike experience in visions
a sacred world before dawn
Did you know they use crushed beetles to colour candy?
That was that vegetarian diet.. ok, so I know we eat spiders when we sleep and stuff, but that happens accidentaly, but when they bug my candy on purpose! Literally. That’s nasty. Think it’s e120 on the package… you should all investigate this!
I knew there was something funky with those e’s… my dad told me they were bad, know I know why…
THERE IS FREAKING BEETLES IN THE CANDY and other food too, such as yoghurt…
Corrupted candy watch out
Corrupted food watch out
Corrupted drinks watch out
Corrupted world watch out
All that I know, is that I don’t know, and therefore I believe, for who am I to say I know anything, when I’m just one out of millions of pieces in this universe.
The reason why atheism doesn’t make sense to me, but to ignorant people.
Page 1 of 59